Skip to main content  


Highway accidents and emergencies

Thames Water was called to attend emergency after the excavated trenches were floded in Moorgate


Telephone us on our 24-hour number 020 7606 3030 and our Contact Centre will transfer you to the appropriate service officer or, if out of hours, the duty office.

If you do not need an emergency response, email the Highways Management team. This inbox is monitored during normal working hours and we endeavour to respond within 24 hours.​


Report an accident on the accident report page.

Use the accident report page for:

  • A personal injury suffered as a result of a highway or footway defect, for example an injury caused by a trip hazard or damaged pavement
  • Damage to personal belongings, for example damage to clothing, as a result of a footway or highway defect
  • Damage to your vehicle or property as a result of a footway or highway defect, for example a pothole in the road

Do not use the accident report page to report an emergency on the highway.

Use the Highway Public Reporting Portal for non-emergency faults in the Square Mile. To report a fault go to REPORT-IT.

If you want to complain go to our feedback page.

11 May 2012
Last Modified:
07 August 2019